It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Winona campus library building will be open to Saint Mary's University students, faculty and staff starting January 21st. Please see our hours listing for the latest information.
Library Protocols for Spring 2021
The Winona library will close at 9:30 p.m. Sunday - Thursday during the student curfew
from January 25, 2021 through February 3, 2021. Regular hours will remain in place for
Friday (7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.) and Saturday (noon - 6 p.m.) during the curfew.
Commencing February 4, 2021, the library will revert back to regular hours.
(our hours will remain noon - 6 on Saturday and 3:30 - midnight on Sunday)
● Food and drink are not permitted anywhere in the library.
● Students must comply with all directional and other signage in the library.
● Masks are required throughout the library.
● If a student is observed not wearing a mask or wearing a mask incorrectly, library
staff will remind the student to put on a mask or to wear the mask correctly. If the
student does not comply with the directive from the library staff, Campus Safety will
be called and the student will be removed from the library. Campus Safety will
complete an incident report resulting in the student being referred to Student Affairs
for possible disciplinary action.
● If a student repeatedly fails to follow mask protocol, the student may be banned from
the library for a period of time determined appropriate by library staff. Library staff
will notify the student of this action and the time frame associated with it.
● Reservations are required for all study rooms. Students may use study rooms only if
they have appropriately reserved the space.
● If you need resources and are unable to come to the library, please contact the
Circulation desk (1561) and we will make arrangements for pickup.
● Librarians and library staff are available during all open hours via online chat, phone
● Only current Saint Mary’s faculty, staff, and students are allowed in the library.
Fitzgerald Library Returns Information:
Due dates at the end of Fall Semester:
Undergraduate due dates for books is January 25h, 2021
DVDs checked out on or after Sunday November 15th will be due January 25th, 2021 for both faculty and students
During fall semester, Saint Mary’s Libraries and Writing Centers are offering virtual services to better support student and faculty needs. Students and faculty can consult with a librarian via phone, chat, email, and Zoom appointments. All library instruction sessions are online. Writing Center consultants and peer tutors are available for appointments via Zoom and email; for brief writing questions, students can contact the Writing Centers via email or telephone.
Please note that the Libraries and Writing Centers are not offering face-to-face consultations or library instruction due to COVID-19 social distancing constraints.
The library is not accepting any donations of materials at this time (this includes both books and archives materials).
For updates on which library systems are operational, including databases, ILL, Catalog, Research Guides, etc, check here.